Saturday, May 30, 2015

Culinary : Sausage Bread Cup for breakfast

Hey Candies <3 <3 <3

This is the first time i post recipe here, yeah i hope you like it..
today I will write or show you how to play a trick for a picky eater. well yeah as you know I am a newly married person and also a working women so I really don't have so much time to do my household (even though I still live with my parents ).
my husband being a picky eater sometimes but not only him, my youngest sister also a picky eater.
since my dad was hospitalized my mom rarely stay at home so I need to take care of her and also my husband.

here's one that probably can be a trick for you who have those kind picky eater.
my youngest sister likes egg very much, mostly she asked me to cook scrambled egg, but I don't want her to be bored by eating scrambled egg all the time, then I make this.

Sausage Bread Cup. 

Portion : 5
Prep time : +/- 15 mins
Cook time : +/- 20 mins

What you need :

Ingredients :
  1. 5 slice of bread, you can use white bread or whole wheat bread anything you like.
  2. 3pcs sausage, cut or diced
  3. 1 pcs tomato
  4. 3/4 cups tomato paste
  5. shredded mozzarella cheese 
  6. 5 eggs
  7. Portabella mushroom
  8. minced of pepper, cayenne pepper, mix herbs, and powdered mushroom stock 
  9. 1 tbs vegetable or olive oil, I used vegetable oil
Equipment :

  1. Oven, you can use electric or old fashion oven 
  2. square aluminium cup or round for muffin anything you like
  3. spatula
  4. rolling pin, or bottle to flattened the brea
  5. small pan
Directions :
  1. preheat oven in 160 C for around 15 mins
  2. cut the sausage, mushroom and tomatoes into bite size pieces, you can diced or just slice them into thin cut.
  3. heat the pan over the medium-low heat and add one tbs vegetable oil on it.
  4. saute the sausage, mushroom and tomatoes until those are cooked properly, around 4-5 minutes, then set aside.
  5. take 1 slice of bread and remove the edge, flattened the bread by rolling it with the rolling pin, make 5 slice of flattened bread 
  6. spread the tomato paste on the bread, add more if you like sour taste :D 
  7. put the bread into the cup, and form a bowl with it. 
  8. put some cheese and then the sausage filling into the bowl 
  9. crack the egg and pour it onto the top of the bowl, be careful when you pour it because sometimes it will flow down, then add the seasoning, pepper, cayenne pepper, mix herb and powdered mushroom stock, I used mushroom stock to replace the salt.
  10. if you like, add more mozzarella cheese on top.
  11. put into the oven for 20 mins or until the egg cooked, based on your preference, If it still not cooked perfectly then add another 10 mins.
The result : 

left side with egg, right side, no egg



this is perfect for breakfast, both of my husband and my youngest sister like it. here's some tips to try this recipe :
  1. if you live in Indonesia, mozzarella cheese is a little bit pricey, I live in Bandung and found a quite cheap mozzarella at Setiabudhi Supermarket in front of McD Jl. Setiabudhi. I bought 200gr mozzarella for 28k. and so does tomato paste I bought it there for around 22k, and the seasoning also available there.
  2. if you don't like sausage you can replace the sausage with ham, bacon, tuna chunk, salmon, pulled chicken, or anything you like. 
  3. because i like spicy food, i added some chili pepper before i eat
  4. if you still can't find mozzarella cheese you can replace it with cheddar cheese, easier to find.
  5. you can also add another vegetables like carrot, potatoes, broccoli, or green peas.
well that's all hope you like this recipe I will try to find what should I make for those two picky eaters :D

thanks for reading, see you around candies :D
btw i'm going to Hotaru 4 event at Institut Teknologi Bandung today..if you're there let's meet up ^^

-eve- 

No comments:

Post a Comment